Talk about addictive! This little monkey will be all over your back, and it's a GBA bargain at under 20 bones. The new version (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising) is really just more of the same, and that's not a bad thing.
What? A grown man CAN play Game Boy, dammit!
Here's my half-dozen reasons why:
(And a great excuse to list my favorite games)
1. Golden Sun (kick-ass rpg, and it's been out a while so you can snag it cheap.)
2. Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (go ahead and laugh, now just try putting it down. See!!)
3. Advance Wars (see above)
4. Wario Ware (you'll feel like you're 6 years old playing the booger picking mini-game. This is the weirdest game ever made. Ever.)
5. Castlevania (there are 3 GBA Castlevanias and they all rock in that old-school way)
6. Metroid Fusion (so damn cool, and if you have this and Metroid Prime on Game Cube, you can unlock and play the o.g. Metroid on your Advance!)
Plus, for all you haters out there- the Game Boy Advance hooks up to most of Nintendo's games on the Cube for some kind of bonus shit. Just try and hate the extras it gives you in Animal Crossing. Just try and hate the wackiness it will reveal in the new Zelda game. You'll find that the only thing you really hate is that you don't own one. And that means you really are just hating yourself. Self-hater.
Advanced wars is so addicting. Its a shame its on the Gameboy and not a larger console. I nearly went blind playing this game. I loved my Gameboy but the sceen was to damn small. So for the sake of my health i had to sell it.